Loose Floor Tiles

House Renovation help, Green Home Renovation help, Sustainable Renovating Ideas
apple

Loose Floor Tiles

Post by apple » 15 Jan 2011, 15:44

My Kitchen floor tiles are becoming loose. :cry: The tiles lift clean from the cement type adhesive, and can be re-used no problem.
Is there a liquid adhesive that can be used to stick the tiles back without having to remove the concrete and repack so the tile sits at the correct level?
An alternative is to pull up the lot,then remove all the existing grout and relay again. I only have a dozen tiles, so the latter is not realistic

Steph

Re: Loose Floor Tiles

Post by Steph » 02 May 2011, 22:48

Hey, if you have ceramic tiles or earthenware tiles, I would use Bond Crete diluted 2 to 1 water. When sticky you can place the tiles down. Its available at most hardware stores and is guaranteed to stick without build up. Im a regular user and find it perfect for what you describe. If there is any slight fill required, use it without adding any water

regards, Steph.

Davey

Re: Loose Floor Tiles

Post by Davey » 09 May 2011, 20:04

Chiselling away the existing adhesive is not to difficult if we are talking one tile. Then just lay fresh adhesive and grout and lay tile. Compact tile down relatively firm, and if too low, lift tile and add some more adhesive. This way you will get a perfect result and you'll not have to ever relay that tile again.